Disco 5 First start drive rough and asap second start is perfect

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Dasun

Post by Dasun »

Hi,
I have a disco 5 ( 2018 ) and it’s 41000miles driven. Did the engine repair with sleeves and new pistons and all the parts imported from UK ( I live in Sri Lanka ).

So the repair is all good! No problems I drove 2000 miles and no issue.

But..
In the morning at first start ( cold ) the acceleration is very slow and when I put it to D or R it’s tries to stalls and rarely it does stall. And when I drive it’s really hard to move the vehicle and the gears takes long to shift and I use the paddles to shift and then it moves ok but still missing a bit acceleration but turbos and everything is working. This all happens within 30 seconds to 1 min. But when the engine heats up it goes nicely but still making a bit noise when I rev or going down a hill without accelerating.

But if I off the engine and starts again it’s just like perfectly running like a beauty!

Every other day Every cold start the second time I start it works pretty fine and it’s very economical for a huge vehicle. But can’t risk going on long drives.

I plugged the genuine scanners and no errors popping or anything. Just one small error is my driving seat air bag wire is short circuiting. It comes and goes but I’m fixing it in few days to clear all the errors and check! Software is up to date! New Main Battery, New Telematic Battery! Checked with different injectors, common rail and everything! Only need to check with a different Throttle Body and gonna do it too in couple of days!

I’m happy to drive this even if I have to start two times in the morning which is not a fuss cause it’s just a couple of seconds! But I see many experts in this!

Any idea what’s up with this ?

I also have a small video if anyone’s interested. I can email it.