Potential new owner

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Morepower0

Post by Morepower0 »

Hi all, I’m looking to buy a 2017 disco5 use luxury in the next couple of weeks it’s on 75k with service history what should I be looking for fault wise, I assume that after 75k a lot of the issues would have been sorted by now?

Cheers

madmark

Post by madmark »

Hello Morepower0

Had my 2017 Disco5 for just under a year, the only big problems I have a had is window regulators I've had three in separate windows, and one tailgate motor packed in.

Its in today for the mot and they have found two corroded rear brake pipes, a leak from the left side rocker cover and a split in the steering column gator ?
and they have just emailed saying the rear pads are low at a replacement cost of £515.00 (nutters)

Apart from the brakes the rest has been covered by LR warranty and yep its up fro renewal on the 28th grrrrr.
So not to bad for the first year, best of luck when you start to look. Please buy with a warranty.

All The Best MM
drjotty

Post by drjotty »

Don't buy the 2l version and if you get the 3 l which is more reliable check the throttle valve either has been renewed or is not sticking.
JimPitchford

Post by JimPitchford »

Window regulators on the 5 seem to be a common problem where I am. A colleague has had all 4 replaced, mine has had 2 so far. Both are 2018 diesels. LR charged me nearly US$700 (inc parts) for the first one. I bought the parts used a local mechanic for the second - around US$200. Looks an easy(ish) job if have to to the last 2 myself.
Unfortunately the previous owner missed the warranty renewal date by one month - LR wouldn't honour it - but I think its well worth paying for as these are not Toyotas.