Traction reduced???

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
MikeWelsh

Post by MikeWelsh »

Hi Everyone,

Just had two new tyres fitted to my Disco 5, after I picked the car up I drove about 500mt and a warning of Traction reduced came up on the dash, does anyone have a clue what’s going on here, I’ve looked under the car and see no loose plugs etc

Cheers
Mike

MikeWelsh

Post by MikeWelsh »

Forgot to say, it was Rear tyres, sorry.

Mike
baker69

Post by baker69 »

Hi Mike,

Did you manage to resolve this? The same thing has just happened to mine, 2 rear tyres changed and now this message comes on after about half a mile.

I wasn’t sure whether the tyre place had damaged something, I’ve read there are wheel speed sensors, don’t know where they are or whether they have been removed by the tyre place?

I would be grateful if you could let me know how you resolved the issue.
baker69

Post by baker69 »

Update!

I recall reading that the vehicle is capable of identifying whether an incorrect tyre size has been fitted which got me thinking.

We do a lot of caravan towing and the rear tyre pressures we normally set at 45psi, when the tyre place put the new tyres on they inflated them to 35psi. I have just increased them to 45psi and took the car for about a 5 mile drive and no Traction Reduced warning!

Whether the car sensed that with the reduced tyre pressure it had the wrong size tyres I don’t know, or it could have just got confused with the sudden change in 10psi pressure???

Anyway, fingers crossed all is well.

If it has solved the issue then the lesson learnt is that if you have a tyre changed on a Disco 5 to ensure it is inflated exactly to the tyre that it has just replaced.
baker69

Post by baker69 »

Just to put this to bed, it’s been several months now, the tyre pressures are set to LR’s recommendations. all is fine and the error message hasn’t come up at all since!