New member.

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Muddybob

Post by Muddybob »

Hi everyone. Hope all had a Merry Christmas ands wish you all a Happy New Year.
I have a 2019 (69) plate HSE. Lovely car. She has her supplied road tyres and up until now has been great. However, I need her towing ability and am usually towing a trailer across a potentially muddy field twice a week. Up until now it has been great and I am told that even with the supplied all weather tyres she should be fairly unstoppable. The field has become Very soft and muddy and I am struggling to get across it. I set the terrain response to Mud and Ruts and put her in Low ratio. My question is - have I missed something important on the off road course and I am driving all wrong, or does she simply need All Terrain or even Mud Terrain tyres. It seems that a set of All Terrain tyres will be about £1000 so I cannot afford to put them on for the winter and keep the All Weathers for the summer.
Any realistic help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Diver579

Post by Diver579 »

Hi folks

I am looking a replacing my Disco 3 HSE 170k on the clock, best car I ever owned It did it all and a bit more!!
I had to replace a lot of suspension bushes and Compressors every 60K I did a lot of heavy towing and off roading I serviced it every 10K

My question is are the new 5's reliable and up to the job?

Regards

Diver579
Diver579

Post by Diver579 »

Hi Muddybob,

I think I put my introduction in the wrong place!!

To answer your question, drop your tyre pressures I set mine at 14 PSI and that made all the difference I have some special valve caps which I set then screw them on and it drops the pressure.

Regards

Diver579