ENGINE CYLINDER PROBLEM

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Mrs K

Post by Mrs K »

Hello everyone,

I’m a newbie on this Forum. So my Disco 5 started having problems last month. I took it into Landrover as it is lagging when driving on the motorway. It loses power and starts to make a noise like a tractor in the engine. It was also not maintaining the cruise control speed on some occasions. They gave me the diagnosis that it had a crack in the inlet manifold and repaired it. The same problem persisted even after the repair and I took it back in and was told that their computer was not picking up any codes of anything wrong with it. Landrover decided to take the car in for a longer period to figure out what the problem is. They performed a Compression Test and I have just been told that my Disco 5 has 1 out of 4 engine cylinders performing at 130 psi which is low and should be performing at 220psi and above. Long story short, I have been told I need a new engine as the engine cannot be dismantled to figure out what is causing this 1 engine cylinder to malfunction because it’s time consuming and costs an arm and a leg😭😭😭. Nightmare!!! Has anyone else had the same problem???

TritonRK

Post by TritonRK »

What year model is it and what is the milage?
There is a thread with quite a few people who have problems with Disco V 4 cylinder engines. Search for "New Engine Needed after 2 years & 23k miles"
drjotty

Post by drjotty »