Low battery Warning indication

All Discovery 5 related discussions
JohnShaft9

Post by JohnShaft9 »

Since last Saturday I have noticed a red warning triangle, when you first open the door but before starting up, indicating low battery/ start engine light/triangle on instrument cluster. Now this is every occasion on opening up since then. Monday ,the tailgate failed to open remotely for the first time. Is this connected?

I had a professionally fitted Dashcam (Thinkware) front and rear, not hard wired as I understand this would invalidate the guarantee that has worked perfectly these last three months or more.

The dealership took the Vehicle, Disco Sport HSE on a 19 plate, last night but telephoned this morning for confirmation as to where the cam was wired too seeking permission to disconnect.. I gave them the info they needed once i had spoken with the Auto electrical company who confirmed that it had not been hard wired as instructed on fitting. All the dealer really had to do was remove the power lead from the camera.. Car is untouched otherwise as new.

any suggestion as to why this problem indication is happening.???

Cheers

Mol

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Mol I think you have probably posted in the wrong forum this is the Disco 5. Just saying as this may be something thats common to the Sport.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Whippetman

Post by Whippetman »

Had this a lot with my ex Disco Sport, apparently very common fault
nhandyside

Post by nhandyside »

17plate V6 HSE Luxury
I have just started getting the red low battery warning light. As a key worker I have used the car throughout the lockdown to get to work so I think it is not through lack of use. Is this a fault or does the battery life of under 3 years seem unreasonable? I thought battery tech had moved on....
My question is though do I need a new battery? Is the battery a sealed unit so that you can't top it up? Does it need to go into a dealership to find out what the issue is?
Any advice from the forum would be very gratefully received as I have a growing anxiety that the car will just not start one morning.
Thanks in advance
Nigel
Taylormade2020

Post by Taylormade2020 »

Hi, I can give you my experience, I’ve a 68plate HSE lux with 9000 miles on the clock, I kept getting that message every time I washed the car. Don’t get confused here, it wasn’t water causing the issue, it was me constantly opening and closing doors while cleaning door shuts etc. This was keeping the car systems from shutting down, so after half hour or so, I’d get the warning and instruction to start the car. I tried to charge the battery myself (several times) but the same kept appearing. Booked it I to Land Rover, cut a longer story short, they had to update the software on the alternator (didn’t think you could do such a thing) and then also found the battery to be faulty. Since all this and the Battery being replaced, I’ve had no issues and the message has not returned. So, battery’s can be faulty when not that old, I was surprised.
JohnShaft9

Post by JohnShaft9 »

Update since the last nearly a year ago... cured the problem for around three to four months.. 1st service last week from new and now a 3rd new battery. I think there maybe more than a fault now. The dealership in the first instance tried to blame the Dash cam system i had fitted by the auto electricians they use. Once the tail gate began slowing I knew where it was going but now cured, for how long?