Battery keeps saying low battery

The place to discuss everything else..
Defender

Post by Defender »

Ha anybody had same problem battery says low battery please start engine and sometimes I have to jump start can I trickle charge the battery from the jump start points it a disco 5 April 2017 3 ltd HSE

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Defender. Yes have seen quite a few threads of owners having similar problems. Might be worth doing a Google search for that problem. I know some owners have fitted charging points to their cars especially if the cars not used too often.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
bammmy

Post by bammmy »

I had the same problem, had it looked at when it went for its first service 7th March this year, they have updated the software on the battery module, whatever that means, it may have cured it, not to sure as have hardly used the car since then🤔
Defender

Post by Defender »

Disco 5 is just not good at holding battery charge if I leave for 2wks then battery won't start engine it tries but have to jump start and I was advised not to use trickle charge due to electronics in car really is a pain but not sure what else I can do
David May

Post by David May »

Hi, My Disco 5 has given "Low Battery" since I bought it 3 1/2 years ago. New battery fitted under warranty having called Land Rover recovery in Sept 2020 but have had loads of completely flat battery episodes ever since. Failed again this morning !! A while ago I bought a booster (NONO Boost XL GB50) and have needed it several times since the new battery was fitted, it's been a great tool. LR tried to find the fault during a recent service (64,000 mile service and Software was updated) but couldn't. It is, after all, an intermittent fault and therefore difficult to locate. The battery booster is the best £130.00 I've ever spent. When the battery failed, the car lights would switch on which didn't help the situation - I now leave the light switch in the OFF position. Only the rear drivers light was on this time. Thanks to neighbours spotting the lights on, and my wife or I checking every night, it has reduced the panic of finding a dead car when I'm setting off for work. I have been able to manually open the car and gain entry to open the bonnet. Very frustrating though and I'm clearly not the only one having this problem.
David May

Post by David May »

Apologies, that last post should have read NOCO Boost XL GB50
ModernTalk

Post by ModernTalk »

yesterday I watched with my daughter . and wondered, does anyone have any idea how we will dispose of batteries?