Discovery Si6

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

Hello everyone I took delivery of this awesome vehicle in early December having had 3 Disco 3's. I love the extra performance and all the practicality of the Discovery.

20201205_111015.jpg

I was lucky to find this 3 year old with just 19,000 miles on it. It puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it. Not much at the moment!

DiscoMatt

Post by DiscoMatt »

I sympathise. I also took delivery of my first Disco5 early December having had a 3 and then a 4. I’d love to have been able to take it on a proper journey somewhere but it’s barely left the drive! Yours looks great with black wheels!
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

Hi Matt, I bought mine from Guy Salmon in Bristol, I live in Northamptonshire and so had the joy of the pick up and drive back and I did motorway and country roads around Oxford. I averaged 24 mpg on that trip. Since then I have been to Cambridge to go to a hospital appointment and the rest local. It does have wonderful acceleration and it is the first time in a Disco that I have seen cars disappear in the rear view mirror when I put my foot down!

Mine has the black kit on which compliments the Namib Orange really well and I got some colour edged carpets and sill plates. My only gripe with the Disco 5 is the lack of storage space. The Disco 3 had far more stowage. Apart form that I love it

I did get out in the snow and that was fun. The low profile tyres really need changing to Winter wheels which if lock down ends I will get for next winter as I like to go to the Pyrenees ..... those were the days.

20210124_125321[1].jpg

20210117_161114.jpg

DiscoMatt

Post by DiscoMatt »

I know what you mean about the storage. When I was moving my stuff from my Disco4 I couldn’t believe how small the cubbyholes in the boot were! I used to keep de-icer and all sorts in there in the old car!

Mines still on the factory Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tyres which certainly seem better than summer tyres for the short drives it did in the snow, although you obviously can’t beat full winters if your doing a lot of driving in snow and ice.

I bet the Si6 is a lot of fun. I’ve got the 3.0l V6 diesel in mine and it’s quick enough, although a few more horses would always be nice!

631A433A-967F-447D-8EA1-D5FD04B9B1FD.jpeg

JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

Hi Matt, Mine still has scorpions on. I have always bought replacement tyres from Michelin as they last a lot longer. Previously I could only get 12K out of Scorpions and about 30K out of Michelin. When the time comes I will have to shop around and see what others are finding with mileage. In recent years i have done a lot less miles and virtually none right now.

The Supercharged engine is a treat and after reading all the faffing around with AdBlue etc. I just don't have the patience. By the time mine needs replacing there should be an awesome all electric Disco. It really does go like a bat out hell and it is rather nice to launch the thing when I need to. most of us work jolly hard to own such a great vehicle and at almost 62 I want to have some fun! I need to get a tow bar as I have a 21 foot caravan and hopefully this Summer or Autumn get up to the Lakes. I will start saving for the fuel!

I have a plastic boot box for my tow gear, first aid, blankets, roof ties.... not ideal. I have bought a set of the luggage rails that do not fit my 7 seater flush, but when it is warmer I am going to fit them so that I can carry my necessaries safely.