Leak from Windscreen and Electrical Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
alickpetit

Post by alickpetit »

Has anybody had an issue with water seeping in through the windscreen and damaging electrics. We have a 2018 D5 circa 10 months old. Car had been static for a week and was completely dead. Car is currently with LR but reaching out to see if anyone has had this problem.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yes known fault. Replacement windscreen I believe.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
alickpetit

Post by alickpetit »

Thanks Craig.. very helpful... has anyone had a similar problem and it going onto effect the electrics of the car?
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Nice one Jim.đź‘Ť
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

:lol: i could not resist! :lol:
Seaview36

Post by Seaview36 »

Yes, had a leak on top right of windscreen - water pouring in, soaked the roof lining, dash, seats, filled the cup holders! Fortunately, didn’t damage the electrics. This was on my Disco5 HSE, bought new March 2017, leak occurred June 2019. Went into local dealers who couldn’t replicate the leak, but JLR authorised for the screen to be removed and resealed. Been fine until March 2020. Now can visibly see the delamination in the seal (same place), and water has started pouring in, soaking the interior and setting off the alarm at 4am. Car is booked in for Monday, and, although now out of warranty, am hopeful that it will be resealed again as it’s less than a year since it was last done. Seems to be a known fault.