Deployable tow bar socket bracket

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Steve58

Post by Steve58 »

i have a discovery 5 first edition , had a mishap with un hitching my caravan & the plastic bracket that supports & drops the socket down when deployed , got broken, the socket is now hanging loose,the one you plug the caravan into, i contacted LR parts , apparently the plastic fitting that bolts on to the main part of the tow bar is not available as a replacement part, i contacted Brink uk (nova leisure) & was told they cannot help , LR are saying i need to purchase a new tow bar costing over £1000 so i can get the part that would probably cost a few pounds to make , any one got any ideas? feeling like im being taken for a ride on this one,

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Thats terrible because to me it feels quite flimsy when I'm plugging in to it. I will be certainly more careful in future. I've not had a good look at the bracket but could you take it to a little fabrication shop and see if they could knock you one up?
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Discoissue

Post by Discoissue »

I had a 7pin convertion adapter in. Stowed towbar. System could not cope with that so error. removed adapter. System would not recover. No towbar. LR assist said dealer fix.
Boat stuck in Devon. Car with dealer for 10 days (so far) no courtesy car with tow bar.
oakest

Post by oakest »

Just wondering how you resolved in the end? My plastic bracket has also now 'snapped'

Thanks