Intelligent Speed Limiter

All Discovery 5 related discussions
jukn

Post by jukn »

I don't know if i am just not using this correctly, any advice would be welcome please.
Press the button next to the 4x4 console, press and hold cancel until display changes to intelligent speed limiter activated, then nothing happens can accelerate past the speed limit, if touching no accelerator it doesn't maintain the speed limit, in fact nothing seems to happen. Am i doing something wrong or is this another fault? :roll:
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider

Gunther

Post by Gunther »

Press "set" as well after the "cancel"
jukn

Post by jukn »

Tried it this morning and that has worked, Thank you I think i am becoming a bit paranoid about it all!
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider
the_wilb

Post by the_wilb »

In the interests of road safety I would like the over speed warning on my Discovery 5 to be audible as unless you are actually watching the speedo display you wouldn’t notice the speed creeping up . I’ve just been done for doing 32 mph on a 30 mph road which is slightly downhill and my cruise was set at 30 but going downhill it crept up and didn’t notice. As you know the visible indicator is the red band of the 30 warning sign going to green but it’s only half an inch across and you’d have to have your eyes off the road which is a major safety issue as picked up by the people doing the following speed awareness course. They couldn’t be leave it. As it happens, the sat nav identifies this particular section of road as a 60 limit. There are so many audible beeps on the discovery 5 it would take only seconds for a programmer to modify the program to switch from the flashing warning to audible or visible or indeed both. All of my previous vehicles have had audible warnings so I find it strange for a sixty grand superb car to be omitting such a vital road safety warning.
Gunther

Post by Gunther »

You can adjust how far above the set speed limit this alarm sounds via the driver info menu