Setting the Time

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
timmyfitz

Post by timmyfitz »

Morning All,

Not sure if this is a fault with the car or the user being dim. I've checked the online handbook and can't see anything under setting time or setting the clock.

Both my clocks are wrong, the one on the touch screen says one time the one on the instrument cluster says another (1 hour different). I'm based in Italy but have my language settings set to English (UK). Neither clock is right for either Italian or British time.

I've been all through (I think) the menus on both the touch screen and the steering wheel menu and can't see where to set the clock. On the touch screen, I have found where I can set the format of both the date and time but I can't see where to set the actual date or time.

Am I being stupid? I also thought that maybe the radio sets the time so have left the radio on and changed the station in case the station emitted the wrong time. I've also connected the car to the hotspot on my phone in case that helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi timmyfitz I have the SE model so will be different to yours (HSE?) But you can certainly set the clock it does seem strange you have a differance between the dash and the infotainment screen. Have tried by just switching the ignition on and not the engine. Different menu options are available in the two states. Im sure Jim will be along to help you further.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

IMG_1277.jpg

For the UK HSE there is a setting for the clock. The time can automatically be set including for Daylight Saving. However I am not sure what the source is, it could be from the inbuilt Sim or the SIM I have inserted in the car?

Over on the other Disco5 forum there is a guy under the name Labbix and from his posts there are differences between UK cars and those for other countries.

It maybe worth asking over there?

Edit: Have you checked the manual? http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docu ... c/G1823383
timmyfitz

Post by timmyfitz »

Thought I'd reply in case anyone needs in future. After much playing around myself looking on the internet I took the car to the local LR dealer. They need to book the car in to change the time and date. Once set up it should update daylight savings time etc on its own. The car was dropped off this morning and is still not ready to collect today. Can it really take them so long? In every other car, I've had, I can change it myself, what if I take the car across timezones on a road trip?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Must be something wrong with your car as you should have a screen similar to mine above.

What model and year do you have?
timmyfitz

Post by timmyfitz »

The car is a 2018 Discovery5 HSE Lux. Apparently, the computer wasn't set up correctly when released to me. Once set up correctly I will have the screen that your image shows. I hadn't noticed the time at the collection. The car is used with only 5,000km ex LR Dealer. Hopefully, I'll collect today and all will be good, I've also asked that Apple Car Play be added as it wasn't on mine which I think they should also be completing today. The car was bought from and is being sorted by LR Foggia in Italy.

Tim
timmyfitz

Post by timmyfitz »

The time I am told is now set automatically using the GPS to work out which time zone the car is in. This seems tremendously over engineered but also quite cool. As the battery had been disconnected to change the front windscreen the system had got messed up. By the way, Apple play works brilliantly. Having google maps as my sat nav is ace.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Glad it is sorted!