Front headrests

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
AuldjoJ

Post by AuldjoJ »

Hi ,

Does anyone find the front headrest for the driver very uncomfortable, it seems to be pushed forward, making driving very uncomfortable. Has anyone got any idea how to remove the front headrest so I can take out some of the padding. Or have any other ideas on how to improve the sitting position.
Would really appreciate anyone's help. jpg

my headrests.jpg

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

You seem to have the seat back in a fairly vertical position? I do not find it a problem as I have a more reclined seat back.

Not sure that helps! :D
AuldjoJ

Post by AuldjoJ »

Thanks for that I will try changing the seat back. But so far I have tried a few but it's still uncomfortable- maybe I am just too tall! Though the Disco 4 was super fine.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

It took me a while to get them into the best position, I was saving a position in memory 1 then trying a different one in memory 2.

After a decent test I then kept one of them and tried another until I eventually found the best one.
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

I had the same problem and found reducing the height of the headrest worked for me it seems to be deeper at the bottom and narrower higher up.

Few other makes of car I have had either angle or have a button to extend out or retract the head rest to provide variety od settings surprised this isn't standard on a car of this price range...
Flurry

Post by Flurry »

Did anyone manage to resolve this? I’ve just bought a 2017 car and I can’t get comfortable, the headrest is pushing my head forward and I can’t work out how to tilt it backwards or even vertical. Thanks
Hickcae

Post by Hickcae »

I totally agree re the headrests. My older discovery was fine but this one is unbelievably uncomfortable - especially when driving long distances and I have not found any remedy. Having the seat tilted backwards doesn't work - and doesn't help your back. I also came on this website looking for a solution.