New to forum and just about to purchase 18 plate 3.0 TDV HSE

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AdeJPugh

Post by AdeJPugh »

Hello to all forum members,

Would appreciate any hints, tips and things to look out for through buying process and also in the first few months of ownership.

Test drove a 2.0L D HSE last weekend - fell in love with the car but wanted a bit more power low down so have opted for 3.O TDV. What's your opinions on the Disco 5 in general please?

Any help you can provide would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Ade

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Welcome Ade. Plenty of info available on this forum and the other. Especially on the oil dilution issues on the 3 litre. I'm on 2 services a year and I only do about 8k a year but maybe that's the problem.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
red5

Post by red5 »

Hi Ade
I've had Discos since they first came out and have always loved them.
Only issue with a Disco is the computer software. Not sure who Land Rover uses but I wish they would find someone who knew about them because I am beginning to think its the local infant school. No no cannot be it would work if it was the infants.
Mine has had lots of computer related niggles. Finally went in to dealers who downloaded all manner of updates.
Came back with all the same problems.
Best of it was that the bit that records any faults on the car doesn't appear to work as there were no faults showing !!!
nickclark59

Post by nickclark59 »

Great car very comfortable, a big improvement on previous Discos. I have done 10k miles in mine and feels like new. also have towed with it and compared to my SVR it performs well. Good luck