Just saying hello, and trying to get my head around Incontrol

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
andynoiseboy

Post by andynoiseboy »

Hello All
Collected my MY17 D5 HSE today and hoping for a long, happy relationship with it and the forum.
I haven't got Incontrol comms going yet since the car appears to still be associated with the previous owner's account, but reading up on it raises more questions than it answers.
Anyway, I'm sure all will become clear if the dealer can release the VIN from the previous account.

Cheers
Andy

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Welcome Andy. I don't have that system myself but their are quite a number of threads covering this subject on both this forum and the more popular site. 😉hope that's of help.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

While you are waiting, have a SIM card for the car?
Plenty of recommendations for that around, depends if you just want it for the Live Traffic, etc or for passengers to use.

If you just want one for the car functions then the Three 12GB per annum ones are fine.
andynoiseboy

Post by andynoiseboy »

Thanks for the suggestions.
Still waiting for the dealer to deregister the VIN from previous owner. I'm now wondering what access he might have to my car??
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

If they still have the app loaded then theoretically they can unlock your car, start the engine and see where you are!!!
The highlander

Post by The highlander »

The dealership can unlock it from the previous account.