1 year old HSE 3.0L - but now a new 3.0?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
docuk

Post by docuk »

Hello

I am literally just about to sign for a 1 year old HSE 3.0.

Just seen the news about the new 3.0L engine. I can't quite afford a new HSE 3.0 and don't want to pay the first year depreciation, I plan to keep the car long term.

What does the forum suggest - is the 1 year old still a wise option, or wait 12 months?

Thanks

UKD

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

It is the same basic 3 litre engine, the new Ingenium 3 litre is not available yet.
docuk

Post by docuk »

It seems to be another 50BHP?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

docuk

Post by docuk »

Ahh. Thanks.
mcunnin

Post by mcunnin »

I have the 3.0L and i used to have the RRS i believe the new engine option is the same 306BHP engine thats in that. i can honestly say unless your some sort of racing driver from a driving point you wont notice that much difference day to day. It dose pick up a little faster but only more noticeably at the top end. I went from the bigger BHP to the smaller but i am happy with the one i got and it would not stop me making your purchase. There are other differences small one and the digital dash its very nice but is it worth the difference in price you might have to pay??probably not. My advice would be drive the sport it feels much the same without the dynamic switched on. then drive the discovery. see what you think.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Possibly negotiate some interim oil changes. Obviously don't know your driving style but doesn't seem to make much difference as far as I can tell most on here require a oil change around 6k. Nothing wrong with the engine other than that.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Nigelm

Post by Nigelm »

we love our 3ltr coming up a year in september, you won't be dissapointed.
td3 hse lux a must with side steps and roof rails make it looks great.