Hey Hi everyone

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Syakhtar

Post by Syakhtar »

Thanks for accepting us on the forum.

Can anyone help or advice on how we can move forward on this major issue.

We picked up our brand new Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE on the 27/03/2018 with 15 miles on the clock. It was returned back to the dealers on 29/3/2018 due to major issues concerning heavy condensation and rain water entering the nearside passenger foot well. the dealer has sold us a faulty vehicle with a major fault and of unsatisfactory quality
Has anyone else had the same issues. where do we stand legally with getting our money back or a replacement car.

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Hi, welcome!

I would check your legal rights as i'm sure you have a lot in the first 30 days of ownership. Having said this i'm thinking you are in the UK, is that right? If it is then you can simply reject the car. I'm speaking from experience as I had an issue a few years ago with a car we had nothing but problems with - took a while but after a very good meeting with a solicitor, we rejected this car successfully after 2 months and got all our money back (that was 4 days when it worked and the rest when it didn't!).

Depending how you have financed the car will depend on who you contact, if the cars on finance (i.e. HP), then the car belongs to the finance company and therefore you have to reject it from them. If you bought it straight from the dealer, then its them who you need to reject the car from.

Within the first 30 days, you don't have to accept a repair, after the first 30 days then I think you have to give them one chance to rectify the faults. Personally if i'd paid this sort of money, i'd never be happy with a repair, so i'd reject it as soon as you can.

The important thing here is to make sure you have a full audit trail, that is make sure theres no conversations without email follow ups and make sure you send any letters recorded. If you can take pictures to prove things, thats even better, they may never be needed, however its good to have them in case you need them later on.

So.... First thing would be to send the dealership/finance company and recorded letter stating that you wish to reject the car and give the reasons. Also its always best to say "Under The Consumer Rights Act 2015, dealers are expected to supply goods of satisfactory quality." Then you need to tell them exactly what you want to happen out of the rejection, i.e. a replacement vehicle or a full refund.

They will fob you off, but keep to your guns and don't accept a repair - You have the law on your side!

Good luck
Syakhtar

Post by Syakhtar »

Hey Rogersmj

thanks for sharing your experience and valued advice.

We have already decided to reject the car and will notify the dealer tomorrow.

will let you know how we get on.

Regards

Syed
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi, welcome to the site but it doesn't look like you will be with us long. Sorry to hear about your problems. I've not heard of anyone with similar issues so looks like you have been unlucky.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.