Fat number plate or skinny number plate

Fat plate
78%
Skinny plate
22%

Total votes: 9

IanH

Post by IanH »

I read that JLR are becoming increasingly annoyed with dealers/owners fitting fat/deep number plates to the rear of the D5. Chief Creative Officer Gerry McGovern said the design was never intended to be used with the deeper plate.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover ... es-dealers

So lets have a poll, what have you done with yours? And for the record I have the fat plate on mine
MY18 HSE Td6 Santorini/Ebony

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

To be honest can't see alot of differance between the two. And in all honesty i don't know what i have fitted. Can we have a" don't know and don't really care" button🤣🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

The strange thing here is that my March 2018 HSE Lux is direct from LR (on a LR Lease) and it has a very thick number plate fitted!?
Dirty Trucker

Post by Dirty Trucker »

My plate is 21x6,is this a fat plate??
5imon

Post by 5imon »

Mines ex LR management from a previous owner at the Coventry facility. It’s got the large plate. Seems even LR’s own cars don’t get the plates McGovern stipulates :lol:
Barryg

Post by Barryg »

Oh no, , , I have a fat plate . . It needs a diet.

If LR are that daft that they think 20-30mm difference in the number plate size will solve the issue I think the need to advertise for some new designers. . .

It is like, saying that your dog Is wearing the wrong lipstick that’s why it lost the beauty pageant.