Hello

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wurzzle

Post by Wurzzle »

Hi, just bought a 2.0 HSE in corris grey. So far so good apart from the 2nd row seats not reclining.
I was a Land Rover B.I.W. design engineer many years ago which probably explains my affection for Landys. I have at one time or another owned all five discovery models, and a Defender 90 which I drove from Scotland to Cape Town.
Looking forward to getting some good advice, and hopefully supplying some too.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Welcome wurzzle. Not sure what B.I.W. stands for. Anyhow plenty of faults and fixes to get your teeth into.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
whirling

Post by whirling »

Welcome Wurzzle

I would really like to hear about your trip from Scotland to Cape Town - I want to to a trip from London to SA - most friends think I am mad to even consider this and try to convince me not to.
Keith bainbridge

Post by Keith bainbridge »

Morning all! Just joined this forum due to the long list of issues with our new Disco. This is our second Disco 5 in 10 months! Had a 1st Edition which we handed back due to ever recurring issues with the "Infotainment "system. Then swapped for a bespoke Disco 5 HSE with most option boxes ticked, including rear screens and TV, HUD, Cameras etc. Surprise surprise the infotainment system is no better! Took it in for the Phase 3 update and it happens to be even worse! Cameras stop working whilst reversing, then sensors stop (although sometimes they are activated on the motorway when no car in sight!). Car refuses to switch off on occasions! Satnav freezes. TV/DVD/Radio often non functioning. And have lost count how many times i have been squashed behind the wheel when the kids decide to get into 3rd row seats! (That is a design fault!)
Great drive but now so frustrated with the expensive add ons: wife completely lost confidence in the bus! The expensive HUD must be worst on the market, satnav a close second!
Wurzzle

Post by Wurzzle »

Sorry, eplanantion of B.I.W.= Body in White; the completed bodyshell prior to painting.
Basically I used to design car body panels.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Good job it wasn't anything to do with the infortaiment system. 😁something tells me you wouldn't be very popular.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Does anyone else think the smiley emoji looks rather menacing 😲
Wurzzle

Post by Wurzzle »

Craigp wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 pm Good job it wasn't anything to do with the infortaiment system. 😁something tells me you wouldn't be very popular.
LOL, CD players were just coming out, and SatNav was not in the dictionary when I was at Solihull!
They were still making the 2 door Range Rover when I left!