Discovery 5 First Edition

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
agarabaghi

Post by agarabaghi »

Picked up a new to me Discovery 5 to compliment our Discovery Sport.

So far I love the car, just a few issues with the entertainment system, but it seems to be a combination of Incontrol Touch Pro and Spotify (mostly spotify) and the new iPhone X.

Does anyone have an iPhone X, Incontrol Touch Pro, and use the Incontrol Touch App?

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Hi agarabaghi,

yes I have the iPhone X and use all 3 InControl apps. Must admit I don't use the inControl Touch App much as I don't see much of a point as I have Apple Music and stream that from the phone.

Theres been many issues that you will see on the forum, however I don't think most of them are due to the model of iPhone you use. iOS 11.x seems to bee relatively stable with my D5, my iPhone X and my wife iPhone 7 seem to work just fine.
agarabaghi

Post by agarabaghi »

Can you try a couple things and let me know if you notice any of these issues:

Spotify Premium - BT streaming to DISCO 5, do track names show up ... mine show ---- after the first song plays

Launch InControl App and have phone plugged in (iPhone X) and launch spotify, are the icons in the wrong place when in the spotify app, almost like the resolution of the iphone x is messing up the mirroring...
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Sorry agarabaghi, I don't have a Spotify account, so can't check your requests.
agarabaghi

Post by agarabaghi »

gotcha. no worries maybe someone else will chime in.
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

Hi I have a first edition and latest iOS with issues as you note! The dealer and landrover have been holding off updating my car until the latest version was stable (I understand it hasn’t been 100% successful). My car has been back in every month since May last year so hoping this month is the last.... will let you know
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

Also have Spotify 20-30% success rate
agarabaghi

Post by agarabaghi »

i have the 17C update, and bt tracks now show up

when the phone is plugged in using incontol apps the audio is glitchy sometimes and the display ratio is off but i think that is an iphone x issue.