Incontrol Route Planner not working - CRC don't help!

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Part of buying a car of this sort of price, is that you expect every nice little thing that you are paying for to work. Ok theres always the odd thing that comes with a new vehicle, but when it comes down to the tech, most of its already been used in previous models.

I've been trying to get the Incontrol Route Planner to work for the past 6 weeks and Land Rover 'customer service' just don't seem to want to know.

I've registered and created an account, however it is totally impossible to add my car to my account! I get to the point where it gives you the option to add it, I put in my VIN number and it comes back with the correct details, however when I press the button to confirm this, it tells me i've added the car but it doesn't show up. Then I select maps and services and it tells me I don't have a car related to my account! Arrrg!!

I've tried to email Land Rover and have had a few unhelpful emails from a customer services guy there, but all he does is tell me its being looked at... After 6 weeks still no update!

I've tried different browsers in case that was the problem, i've even tried it from my iPhone, but its exactly the same, so the website is the issue.

I guess people who already have a car assigned to their account won't have the problems? Let me ask those people, is this functionality actually worth it?

GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Hi Rogersmj
I assume its the HSE model for a start. I've also had some problems, my dealer (Listers Drotwich) has been pretty helpful so far, but they too have been struggling. Has your vehicle had all the software up-dates...there are apparently three majors out at the moment and a 4th due December?

Also, has your InControl premium account been set up by the dealer. Initially my account was registered against an incorrect e-mail address (simple typo error). Is your phone an iPhone 7....there seems to eb a compatibility problem generally. I have an iPhone 7 and have some other issues with the infotainment system...basically the system won't respond to my voice commands to play music (there also seems to eb an issue with iPhone 6c as well....perhaps part for he software issues i note above?)

My final suggestion is, i assume you have a sim card in the vehicle, it does seem to work better with one.

In answer to your question, is it worth it...i guess it depends on how often you want to go places you've not been before and thus want to plan a route in advance. if you either often have such a need or know that you're going somewhere early morning and will be in a rush to programme the sat nav then yes, especially as once your on your way the ability to reprogram or programme afresh whilst on there move is near impossible (loss of voice control for the sat nav is indeed a MAJOR mistake on JLR...its seems a really retrograde move).

I guess all in all the remote route planner is worth it, but i must admit, if someone was buying an SE, i certainly wouldn't recommend they purchase the Incontrol apps/route planner as an option extra, it just doesn't work that well and as you note, for a pretty expensive car this sort of conversation really shouldn't be taking place!
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Hi GeeBee,

thanks for the reply.

You its an HSE and registered on the 6th October. I was told that all the latest versions of the software had been put on, but good to know theres another due in December.

Whats more frustrating is that I had a Discovery Sport HSE Lux for a while previously, and set up the Incontrol Route Planner for this vehicle with no problem. It seemed to work well then. So when I got this car, my original plan was to open the current account, delete the Discovery Sport details and add the new one. Problem was I couldn't actually delete the Sports details, or add the new car!

As Land Rover didn't really seemed that bothered about helping, I decided to do some of my own investigating and tests as far as I could. I ended up deleting my whole account and recreating it. This has the benefit of removing the Sport details (as the new account was 'empty), but I still haven't been able to add the new car.

So I have an iPhone 7. I've loaded all the inControl apps - the remote one works fine, and the 'Apps' one allows me to load apps onto my phone, plus I can connect my phone to the car and see these apps. I have also created a profile in the car and have internet access set up. Indeed I did check and my maps have been updated from the internet connection.

Now if I run the route app when the phone is connected to the car, I get the prompt to login (which I do), but then I get a page saying that it cannot find the vehicle. I'm guessing this is the time when its checking out the account and can't see any cars linked to it?

I'm now just at a loss what to try next??
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Just got another email from CRC, I appreciate they replied, I guess at least they are communicating. However, as you can see there never any helpful information and its been 6 weeks!

Thank you for your email and continuous patience.

I must apologise for the time it is taking to rectify your concern and for any inconvenience caused directly due to this.

I have had further communication from the InControl team advising me that this is still being addressed and they will update me as soon as they have further news.

I will continue to liaise with the team and will update you once I have received a further update.

In the meantime should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

​Nahid Khan
Case Manager
UK Customer Relationship Centre
CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover »

rogersmj wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:38 pm Part of buying a car of this sort of price, is that you expect every nice little thing that you are paying for to work. Ok theres always the odd thing that comes with a new vehicle, but when it comes down to the tech, most of its already been used in previous models.

I've been trying to get the Incontrol Route Planner to work for the past 6 weeks and Land Rover 'customer service' just don't seem to want to know.

I've registered and created an account, however it is totally impossible to add my car to my account! I get to the point where it gives you the option to add it, I put in my VIN number and it comes back with the correct details, however when I press the button to confirm this, it tells me i've added the car but it doesn't show up. Then I select maps and services and it tells me I don't have a car related to my account! Arrrg!!

I've tried to email Land Rover and have had a few unhelpful emails from a customer services guy there, but all he does is tell me its being looked at... After 6 weeks still no update!

I've tried different browsers in case that was the problem, i've even tried it from my iPhone, but its exactly the same, so the website is the issue.

I guess people who already have a car assigned to their account won't have the problems? Let me ask those people, is this functionality actually worth it?
Good afternoon Rogersmj,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In order for me to investigate this further, please provide me with your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Thanks,
Amellia
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

thanks Amelia,

just sent you a PM I think!? Its staying in my outbox and not showing in my send box, but I guess its sent???

Matt
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Same here message to Amellia sent yesterday still in outbox.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Can we ask one of the moderators if this is expected? Does it stay in your outbox? If not whats happening???
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Ok, sent a message to the 'contact us' link
jukn

Post by jukn »

I was told it stays in the outbox until it is read
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider