iOS 11.0.1

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

I've just up-dated to iOS 11.0.1 . As a result it appears that the ability to control via the touch screen and the steering wheel control is compromised. For example, then selecting he next track via the steering wheel control, it jumps in increments of 3 or 5 and i can't select backwards. Also, the voice control now won't recognise certain audio commands. is it just me or is there perhaps problem with iOS 11.0.1...thoughts please?

rolly

Post by rolly »

Hello

I've got IOS 11.0.1 and no problem for my part
My Incontrol touchPro is up to date (updated last week by LR)
Regards

Rolly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discovery 5 - HSE Luxury - 3.0L TD6 - Corris Grey
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Umm - thanks for your comment Rolly, wonder if its just me then...certainly can't get iTunes to play correctly. Hay ho!
rolly

Post by rolly »

not sure
I sometimes feel that none of us have the same ICTP system ;)
Regards

Rolly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discovery 5 - HSE Luxury - 3.0L TD6 - Corris Grey
merctony

Post by merctony »

GeeBee, it is the update which is at fault, l done the same update, my battery runs out now in a day, phone locks up 3-4 times a day, the latest update has caused many problems for many users, not all, but a fair few. Been onto apple to see if l could change back, all they wanted to do was check my phone, battery and apps, and all came back fine, then l was holding for 15 minutes for the next person, so l got fed up and hung up.
In the end, l connected power cable to Laptop, switched off my phone, plugged cable into phone and while pressing home button, l switched phone back on, this takes you into itunes and does a restore on your phone, did not go back to previous ios, but seemed to do the trick and phone seems ok now. worth a try.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Thanks Merctony, but having spent a couple of hours at my JLR dealer, its the HSE infotainment system that is actually the problem.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

My iphone 7 works fine with apps, but I have not be brave/daft enough to upgrade iOS!!

More importantly has your car been updated to the latest version S/W?
stign

Post by stign »

Got my Disco5 in May. Dealer told me there is no newer Software release for the car.
After upgrading iPhone7 to iOS 11.0.3 phone calls and Audio (Music) doesn´t work anymore. Either with USB cable or by Bluthooth.
Dealer told me, there are a lot of issues right now.
Greetings
Stig

Discovery HSE Luxury TD6
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

I'm running IOS 11.0.3 (15A432) and have no problems either playing music via Bluetooth connection, or running via the Apps app.

Got my Disco5 at the beginning of October and have been told its software is up to date. (I hear that theres a large update due at the beginning of December)