HUD and Speed Limit s when in France

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

as anyone been to France yet with HUD fitted to the car?

I have just sat in the car and switched the units from MPH to KM/HR and that only seemed to change the small central speed display shown between the speedo and rev counter.

The speed limit was still showing as 30 and did not change.

The HUD was showing the speed limit as 30 and speed as 0 miles per hour.

Does any of this change when you are actually driving abroad?

Cheers
Jim

Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Hi I've been to Spain in my disco and as you said it shows kmp in display but if ur on about displaying speed limits as you drive past signs it displays them in kmp . If your towing it reduces the limit as though you were in England and doesn't alow for the fact that in France ur not restricted unless he going down hill in some regions . Hope this is some help but nav is poor unless uve a sim in and then it's not the best sat nav I've had never redirects past jams ECT just lets you sit in traffic .
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Great, that is what I meant, I have solved the HUD problem as well.

For the HUD to be in km/hr you have to change the units in the Trip computer settings, I assumed changing the Display settings would do both.
richl812

Post by richl812 »

In France at the moment and it does read the signs etc and its great. The most annoying thing is the sat nav is still in miles and not km and there doesnt seem to be a way to change it.