Rear View Mirror + other issues

All Discovery 5 related discussions
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

I have the HSE Luxury in Corris Grey with the black pack and I have been really enjoying the car but unfortunately it has now developed a few minor (I hope they do not become major) issues.

1. The bracket that holds the rear-view mirror has come away from the windscreen so the whole unit needs replacing – according to Land Rover Rescue the probable cause is that the heat around the windscreen has eroded the glue that holds up the bracket. Land Rover have ordered a new bracket. To be honest this has never happened on any of the cars I have owed previously but it may be a plausible reason!

2. The sim card reader is faulty so will need replacing. Land Rover have ordered a new card reader

3. I also asked them to check out the air con which I feel is not working correctly but unfortunately to test this they needed to open the bonnet which, would you believe it, they cannot get open! They are not sure why the lever in the car which opens the bonnet is not working but will investigate further today.

So, the Car went in yesterday (18/5/17) and they ask to keep it overnight as they would need to order the new parts but I have a feeling this may run into next week. These may be minor issues but still not good considering the car cost around £68000. I’m just hoping the minor does not become a major in that more issues start materialising which will push me into returning the car and either getting Land Rover to replace the car or walking away altogether. I hope this does not happen as I said early I genuinely like the car and want to keep it but let’s see.

ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

Update: The car was returned to me after 5 days with a new wind screen but the dealer will be picking up the car again this Friday to replace the sim card reader which should only take a few hours to install. Fingers cross all goes well! :)
LR_Gogo

Post by LR_Gogo »

Holy crap, that is bad. I really hope Ill not have any issues like this. This is basic stuff (rear view mirror).
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

I agree very basic stuff and none of the other cars I have had, and that includes a Disco 4 and Evoque, have experienced this issue but hopefully you should not have any issues! :)

I cancelled the booking for the faulty sim card reader last week and rearranged for this Friday so hopefully that will be fixed as well.

One thing I noticed today was that the display screen disappeared but I managed to get that working by switching the car off and restarting after a minute or 2 - very strange.
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

:roll: hi am new to this but must agree with you regarding issues.
I've a first edition and has got only 2600k on it we're in Spain with said car and window seal on passengers door has come of switch on rear seat has also fallen off piece of rear bumper now missing camera system keeps saying inoperable contact main dealer .

I went to local dealer here and they were worse than useless told me to take it back to England euro assistance never bothers to return my calls .
This is my first and most probably last landrover .
Anyone else with similar issues .