Build dates

All Discovery 5 related discussions
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

I ordered 24th October and was given a build date end of December for a January build to arrive at the dealer February ready for s march 1st pick up which is exactly what happened. My dealer say any orders now are for June delivery with them. Each dealer varies though.

APCo

Post by APCo »

Ordered om 17th February 2017, the Namib First Edition arrived at the dealer today. Can't complain........
Kja

Post by Kja »

Ordered silicon silver First Edition on 2nd October. Build date confirmed as 27th January. Car disappeared off the JLR system - no communication or way to get a date out of JLR. Dealer doing everything to find out when my car may arrive - but "radio silence" from manufacturer.
Was expecting to pick up today (4th March).
Really disappointed that JLR aren't communicating dates and managing customer expectations on deliveries. :cry:

Ironically, dealer has an unsold car with my exact spec in showroom, but not allowed to sell it until May '17!!!!
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Kja that's all sounds bad. Not good but I had this trouble in the past with Land Rover. Cars never seem to turn up on time. Hope you get some answers really soon.
Seaview36

Post by Seaview36 »

We were given a build date of 17th Feb with delivery to dealers end March - Corris Grey, Nimbus interior 3l TD6. Suddenly, it's arrived in the dealers compound on 23rd Feb! Didn't give us much time to sell current car and arrange payment, but managed to sort things and collected 2nd March. Seems to be poor communication from JLR with poor old dealers stuck in the middle (or so they'd have you believe!). Hey Ho, great car and v pleased with it. Heads up display awesome 😀