Petrol or Diesel?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Mack247

Post by Mack247 »

Anybody else stuck with this dilemma? With all the bad press diesel has been getting I'm wondering if now may be a good time to go for the petrol.

Who is the petrol version aimed at mainly, is it really for foreign markets, not UK? I was reading they expect petrol to make up only a tiny portion of UK sales so I'm a little concerned over how that may effect the real world residuals (guaranteed values after three values are the same % on the diesel & petrol). Also read that the max towing weight for the petrol is greater than the diesel, so perhaps that will add some desirability.

I won't be doing much mileage so the price of petrol vs diesel isn't a huge consideration and with petrol at least I wouldn't need to worry about the DPF filter.

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

I personally would go for the diesel. The petrol one is really juicy but if you are not doing many miles naybe not an issue. The petroleum will definitely deprecate more than the diesel but again depends on how long you keep your vehicles. I change every year so it was the diesel for me plus I wanted the first edition which is only Available in Diesel. If you plan to keep it for quite a few years depreciation is probably not an issue.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

I agree with v2cjb. In Aus we only have choice of Deisel. America I believe are offered Petrol Re thats what they know. I have never owned a Deisel but I hear lots of good things Re engine lasts longer, they never die, Great Fuel economy etc. And Great Torque