Best Colour?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

Hi,

Just would like to hear comments regarding colours.
I have had a RRS Black Edition in White - so here I am again with White as the cheapest option.
So where do people view on the Corris V Scotia choice or the safe Indus Silver?.

Plus, while I am here - what is the view on best options choice re parking aids, cameras etc?

Jess Driver

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hi. Colour choice is always a personal thing but corris is always a safe colour. Doesn't really show the marks and good for resale. Silver a tad boring but again safe and scotia not to my taste. Reverse camera fine so I wouldn't pay extra for the surround cameras as I never use them on my evoque. Never used my park assist so I wouldn't pay extra either.
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

Thanks for that.
As you say Corris is safe but there are of loads RR and RRS with that round here. The Scotia is an outside choice, only seen on a DS, not sold on it either.
So Silver or White for now ( and save £800)
So hope to treck round West and North Yorks when they appear in the metal over the next couple of weeks.
Have initially put Indus on the order for an SE , April /May , a cancelled order.

Agree with the park assist, waste of money. If I can't get in with f&r aids with a reverse camera should not be driving.
Although there were a few scuffs on RRS, can't blame them all on my wife.
Regards

Jess
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hi. My friend had a 13 plate last of the old shape Range Rover sport in white and always looked nice. I think the new disco will look good in white and like you say saves paying for the paint. It will be nice to see the new disco out and about. My dealer phoned me today to say their showroom discovery should be in the showroom end of the week, and hopefully my first edition should be on its way ready for 1st March. After three evoques, looking forward to a v6 diesel and a bit more luxury.
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

Thanks,

It will be the safe option then.
Lets see how they look.

No chance of going mad, which is why it is a D SE not another RRS.
I am 67,
my wife controls my pension and expenditure ,

You 1ST Edition guys do not have bother with cost though.

Regards
Jess
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hey Jess. Like it that your wife keeps you under control.ha ha.

I'm 40 and I my wife never really minds what car we have as long as it's safe to take our family around in.

Enjoy your car when you get it.
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

Oh well - 09.00 this am to Leeds and the Corris looked fine!!
White and Silver tomorrow in York.

Did consider the premium grays on an HSE with black wheels - very reasonable £770 - very very nice but another £800 for the paint - so no

Jess
(Tight NON Yorkshireman)
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Any pics driverjess. Keep us posted on your decision.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

This is something I knocked up Hope it helps choice... I think its made my selection harder. :)

I still haven't decided yet.

2017-02-15_11-40-18.png

Huxey

Post by Huxey »

I've ordered Waitomo Grey with black package but I'm having second thoughts. The Waitomo videos on YouTube have a huge range of hues. Some look amazing at first but then seems to drift to a gold/brown hue which doesn't appeal to me. I'm now considering several other colours including Corris and Loire.