ON ROAD REVIEWS

All Discovery 5 related discussions
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

Has anyone come across any road test reviews - either online or car magazine - for the new discovery? I know there was an off road review recently but would be good to see some on road tests which to be honest is where most of these vehicles will be driven.
Although I'm confident the new discovery will be a very good car, probably best in it's class, It's strange that most of us have ordered the car without test driving it or seeing any reviews.

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Read some reviews but they are more about how great off road like you say. The head of business at my dealer told me it it drives like a sport which is what I thought. Yes you are right though that we have all ordered without even seeing or driving one. It will be great and if not keep it for a nine months to a year and then get rid for something g else.
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

I just spoke to my dealer and he was invited to test drive the discovery on road - both the 2 and 3 litre diesels - and he also confirm it drives like a sport.

He also told me that the press and land rover have agreed that any reviews would not be published until the 15 Feb so if this is true expect to see a road test in magazines like auto express from next week.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Cool. All looks good for how it will drive then. Interesting about the 15th Feb curfew. Look forward to seeing some more reviews but hopefully I will have mine 1st March.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi v2cjb,

Did I say I'm jealous. :)

1st March is sooooo close now
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hi Lee.. ha ha , i am a little excited now. its amazing how quiclly time goes. Knowing what Land Rover are like I wont believe it until I see it. my first two evoques were both late but the one i have now arrived when it should in September and then i ordered the disco in October. I have loved my evoques but it will be nice to have a bit more luxuery and a v6 diesel..
Mack247

Post by Mack247 »

I went to see the car at my local dealer at the weekend. Extremely impressive in the flesh, far more impressive than in any photos or videos I've seen. It completely dwarfs the Disco Sport too, there is simply no mistaking the two in the real world, even if they can look a little similar in side on photo shots to those unfamiliar. The third row of seats can very comfortably fit two 6ft adults, provided the second row is not fully pushed back. I can also confirm the embargo on test driving until 16-Feb onwards, I have been offered a test drive anytime from this Thurs. Having already test driven the Q7 and spent time mulling over the F-Pace I can safely say that on external appearances and being inside the Disco, deciding to go ahead and order the Disco was a complete no brainer.