Trim Colours

All Discovery 5 related discussions
timhum

Post by timhum »

Am I the only one to be disappointed by the colour choices for the interior. I'm not a lover of all black and the only choice that seems to be available with the nimbus interior is dark brown. I really like my Disco Sport with nimbus/black interior and brown looks and feels very 70s/80s to me. I am seriously considering ordering a Discovery but this issue is really putting me off.
Tim

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum Tim, I'm not a particular fan of brown but I do like black leather. However I know what you mean - all black can make the car seem very dark inside.
timhum

Post by timhum »

Called in at our local dealer yesterday to try and see the car in the flesh. Just amazed, no car to try until February and no one there had driven one. Extraordinary that we are expected to order a car without being able to sit in and drive one. l'm also considering the 2.0l RR sport and a similar situation with that. No cars to look at until February/March. Why????
Tim
Hehey

Post by Hehey »

I've had a deposit on a D5 for some time. I went to see it at Guy Salmon Stockport yesterday and was well - underwhelmed.
After the hype that's surrounded the car I was expecting something rather special, it was a little disappointing. The dash, particularly the dials on this £70k car is terrible. The chrome bezels were loose and it all looked dated and stuck together. Sit in a similar priced car from another manufacturer and there's no comparison. It felt like a Kia to be honest.
The front is without question very nice to look at. The side up to the C pillar is nice too but the back is awful. It's not the position of the number plate which a lot of people don't like, it's the bulbous curves that just don't do it for me. It reminds me of an 80's Japanese minivan import kind of like a Toyota Liteace.
The trim choices are limited to say the least, black or brown, neither of which I like. Nimbus leather isn't too bad but as already said its only available with brown carpets.
They had a D4 beside the D5 and the D4 to me is a better looking car. I mentioned all of the above to the guy from Land Rover who told me that the new Defender will "possibly" be more akin to the D4, upright stance and less curvy than the D5.. He was very guarded in what he said about the "All New Defender" but advised I wait till 2018 as I'd probably like it if I preferred the D4 shape.
I've not asked for my deposit back just yet as I might get over my D5 styling issues, but it could well be a new Defender when it arrives.