Seats uncomfortable

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Daveyj

Post by Daveyj »

I have Disco 5 V6 HSE lux MY2020 and bought it June 2020 as used approved , love the car but having owned it a year I have become tired of my passengers (family)moaning about how uncomfortable seats are? Truth is the seats are really hard, and rear seat base is to low so knees are in the air. I have HSE luxury version in perforated leather. My cherubs are late teens but prefer to travel in my wife’s galaxy as seats really comfy! I thought after a year seats would have broken but still rock hard. My leg goes numb on a long journey and my bum cheeks! Seats have more buttons than the shuttle so would expect to be able to find some comfort? Previously had disco 3 and seats super comfy in that!! Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? Was going to ask landrover but find them completely unresponsive on other issues? Beginning to wish I had gone for XC90!

StewartM

Post by StewartM »

I don't own one, so can't answer directly. A couple of months ago when on holiday I had a wander round a JLR dealer. Things of note were the F-Pace R-Dynamic drivers seat was very comfortable, Velar, not sure what model, was very hard, shapeless and uncomfortable, Discovery 5, not sure what model, was fine, not quite as good as the F-Pace, but certainly OK. Obviously, no idea what they'd be like on a long drive.
DiscoMatt

Post by DiscoMatt »

I think the seats are just hard I’m afraid, and I can’t think that there is any solution! I’ve had a 3, 4 and 5 and the 5 are definitely the least comfortable. My wife complains that the headrest is too far forward for her as well, together with the same issue you mentioned about the height of the seat in the rear… so overall I’ve also been disappointed.