MY23 Spec change

All Discovery 5 related discussions
jojim65

Post by jojim65 »

Does anyone have the definitive changes to the Discovery going from MY22 to MY23 please, and would anyone know when the factory changes the build to MY23 please.

Thanks

Jim

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Just been told today that my order will be a my2023. There was talk on the more popular disco5 forum that the spare wheel is now a paid option and the roof colour is black as std or something like that. My dealer is going to get back to me in the new year with any differences.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
WmDisco

Post by WmDisco »

Black contrast roof is now standard on R-Dynamic - advised by dealer this week. Have agreed they can however delete this and supply without. Also - electrically operated steering wheel adjustment becomes a paid for option. And - Interactive Driver display has been removed by Landrover - although still shows as an option on the configurator. If you want the Interactive Driver display it will mean at least 12 month delay apparently. So all cars in 2022 will be 2023 spec - immediately.
jojim65

Post by jojim65 »

Craigp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:00 pm Just been told today that my order will be a my2023. There was talk on the more popular disco5 forum that the spare wheel is now a paid option and the roof colour is black as std or something like that. My dealer is going to get back to me in the new year with any differences.
Thanks, are they trying to hit you with a price hike as well...
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

We will see. She did say that there was no stops on my build. Meaning my build was transferable to the my23 at no extra cost but obviously if I still want a spare wheel I will have to pay. Anyhow will see what they come up with.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Barryg

Post by Barryg »

Morning all, I’ve had a new d5 on order since June, and can’t get a build date. The dealer has suggested selecting the new Metropolitan edition might be quicker. Anyone managed to get a build date out of land rover?

Not overly happy about the general rescuing the spec in the D5 but keeping the premium cost.
jojim65

Post by jojim65 »

As you ordered in June, you should be our barometer as to when these cars finally get build dates, I wonder if there is anyone with an older order date!

I've looked at changing to the Metropolitan spec but as all Discovery's have now been removed from the Affinity Military/Police discount scheme I don't think I would be able to change. I have to say that dealer communication is very poor with me having to contact them for updates. I would have appreciated a once a month email at least.
WmDisco

Post by WmDisco »

jojim65 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 pm
Craigp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:00 pm Just been told today that my order will be a my2023. There was talk on the more popular disco5 forum that the spare wheel is now a paid option and the roof colour is black as std or something like that. My dealer is going to get back to me in the new year with any differences.
Thanks, are they trying to hit you with a price hike as well...
Price has not changed - other than £375 for electrically adjustable steering wheel - whereas I believe if you do a build from scratch now the underlying prices have gone up a few £000. Incidentally, Full Size Spare wheel has always been a paid for option so no change there.
jojim65

Post by jojim65 »

Had the email today from my dealer advising me that the car will now be a MY23, have made an appointment tomorrow morning to see exactly where we are with the order. At the moment it all seems pretty depressing!
lipscow

Post by lipscow »

Hi I placed my order for my22 may 11 this year, just been informed now my 23, paid option that were standard on my22 now paid on my 23, are reduce spare wheel, front fog lights, gestured tail gate, electric steering Colum electric third row of seats as mine is the hse Dynamic, there was one other but cannot place it. if anybody else knows of other chargeable :P changes please let me know. do you think landrover should match the my22 spec free?. I still have no build date as of today xmas eve.

Bill