Discovery 5 AT tyres

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Wills0906

Post by Wills0906 »

Hi All,

Happy new year!

I have a question regarding the best AT Tyres for the discovery 5. I have a HSE lux on 21" wheels. Having done some 'lights field/snow driving, it is clear the stock Pirelli Verde All seasons just aren't up to the job.

I have looked at the General Grabber AT3 which seem to have been mentioned a few times but I am in 2 minds... also, would it be better to have the 20" rims for an AT tyre or stick with the 21". I am not planning any serious off road trips but it is nice to know you have a discovery that won't get stuck in a muddy field!

Any experience on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steff

larratt

Post by larratt »

Contact Phill at no road club he has an excellent selection of wheels and tyres to suit with very competitive prices I have just fitted a set of 20 inch wheels with a set of duratecs grip is very good in mud
davidjanstyles

Post by davidjanstyles »

I have fitted General Grabber AT3 tyres and am very pleased with their performance especially on wet grass.
You will have a little more road noise but otherwise I have had no problems and will buy again in due course. I know these are not mud plugging tyres which are very noisy.
Following other 4 X 4 off road on muddy farm tracks performance is fine. Original tyres are hopeless as they are designed for quiet running on tarmac.
David
sowr

Post by sowr »

If you’re not driving rocky roads 21s should be on. Anything with rocks a taller sidewall is better.