Dynamic HSE or HSE?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Lewigreg

Post by Lewigreg »

Hi all,

been looking at a 67 plate HSE dynamic and black pack with upgraded alloys.

Land Rover have offered 5.3% APR on it on a 4 year deal, which seems decent.

I like the look of the dynamic pack and black pack would be good.

my other option is to go for a HSE and add aftermarket black grill etc with alloys sprayed black.

anyone been offered anything decent finance wise recently?

Also it would be my first Land Rover (coming from a Jaguar XFS). I’ve heard mixed reviews in reliability, so it does make me nervous. I see Land Rover now only do 12 months warranty too 🙈

Thoughts?

ta!

DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi Lewigreg

This site is bloody useless, nobody bothers to reply anyway rant over. I have just bought a Discovery 5 HSE Lux, it seems as if JLR want to offer finance via a PCP deal, if you look at the difference in monthly payments it does not make financial sense, you get to the end of the PCP deal and still owe a substantial amount if you want to keep the vehicle, this Disco I put a healthy deposit in and Financed the balance, JLR finance was APR 7.9% or you could opt for a higher APR at 10% and they give a finance contribution of £1500 off the car, as the APR is higher you are in fact paying for the contribution ?
I do like the dynamic black pack my Disco has not got it but looking on eBay you can pick up the genuine grill and side vents in black, fitting is easy but if you are not confident I am sure a local body shop will fit them, it is only 45mins work so the cost shouldn't be prohibitive ?
As for reliability you already have a vehicle that shares many parts off Landrover, I do not think Land Rover is any more unreliable than the Jag ?
As for warranty, all new Landrover come with 3 years unlimited mileage warranty, if it is an approved used vehicle it comes with 12 months, although it is a good warranty, also you can extend it for extra piece of mind.
I hope this is of help ?

DRW
Kevmunday

Post by Kevmunday »

I don't believe in pcp, with interest rates so low ,you can get a personal loan on 25000. For 3% ,and you will have a trade next time,