Arrow symbol

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Taylormade2020

Post by Taylormade2020 »

Hi, this may have been covered previously, so apologies but I’ve searched and can’t find any info?
Can someone tell me what the icon in the top left hand corner of the screen means?? (The arrow)
I’ve looked in the handbook and it’s not listed?
I thought perhaps some sort of download? I’ve checked and no update is available, I did have a maps update but I’ve done that and installed it.
I’ve tried to seek tech advise from Land Rover but it’s fallen on deaf ears :roll:
Thanks all.

2BAF2430-C9CF-4754-BDD9-9E3AB7CE4B02.jpeg

Disco5Can

Post by Disco5Can »

Software update go to (LIVE) in the infotainment screen. You will need a wifi connection
Taylormade2020

Post by Taylormade2020 »

Been to Live, with the car connected to my home WiFi, just says ‘Software up to date’???
I’m at a loss, it’s been like that for a couple of weeks now 🤷‍♂️
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi Taylormade

That symbol indicates that a download is in progress, I had the same arrow on my Discovery as there was a software update available, when I started the download the arrow appeared.
Maybe a visit the your dealer is required, maybe the download is not complete and the vehicle is still trying ?? If your dealer plugs the diagnostics in any downloads that are available will be updated.
I hope this is of some help ?

DRW
GraemeB

Post by GraemeB »

Hey. I had the same issue earlier in the year...

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread2511.html

I told the dealer who just dismissed it as needing an update even though it was already on the latest and greatest. Also had WiFi and Data connections working fine but still couldn't get rid of the download symbol. Eventually it just shifted itself 2 months later when there was another version released for download. I suspect it was caused by JLR backing out a previous software version after initial release.