side steps and roof bars...aftermarket best ones

All Discovery 5 related discussions
JohnShaft9

Post by JohnShaft9 »

Been having a look at which roof rails and side steps fit best for my new discovery sport (19) with Pano roof..... ..Looked on JLR website and also asked JLR with the normal ebay trawl and there seems to be loads but when you input the vehicle details most come up with "not compatible " for vehicle.

Now as mine is a 2.0 d 180 which I suspect is the L550 model, most questions I've asked of seller on EBay would suggest that the roof rails at least would fit our vehicle...... I know, I should have bought pre-fitted but never crossed my mind at the time when we ordered vehicle.

Black gloss roof rails and the OE type side step brackets are preferred. Desperate for advice now.

any help appreciated.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Many discussions on the more busy Disc05 site. Google and you will find it.
Notxal

Post by Notxal »

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Are you on the right site ? Poster mentions Discovery sport.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

So he does!
Beeker2

Post by Beeker2 »

If you mean racks, we went with black Thule racks. Pretty happy with them, some minor wind noise.

EE88D4A6-730A-4738-A69C-0AE8A5633D19.jpeg

JohnShaft9

Post by JohnShaft9 »

Yep, its a Discovery Sport that I have......Not the disco5 the other forum link shows. The ones that I wanted to buy are from powerful_uk_ltd that seem to have the best type of attachment brackets(OE substantial ones)..I spoke with them during this past week and despite showing a Sport model with the steps ,these don't fit it.

The Roof rails are still causing me to hold off buying untll i find some descent info as to the best type of AM ones...