Battery and fuse access

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Sundorne

Post by Sundorne »

I have a Discovery 5 2.0 HSE and would like to remove the panel on the right hand side wall of the boot to access the battery and the fuses. The handbook says remove the small cover where the jack is stored then move a slider on the top of the battery panel to the right and pull out the panel. I can't find a slider anywhere. Am I missing something obvious? Can anyone advise me how this can be done please?

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Sundorne

Post by Sundorne »

Thank you jimbg. It all seems straightforward but far from it. There is a plastic slider which is very difficult to locate and it doesn't have anything on it which you can actually grip to pull it towards the rear. However, with bleeding hands , I eventually felt something move and then teased the slider towards the rear until the panel was released. Frankly it is a poor system. On re-assembly I attached a length of stiff wire to the slider which means that I can pull it to open and push it to close.
OzDiscoUser

Post by OzDiscoUser »

Once you've done it once you'll get it easier next time!

The slider can be pushed with fingers but you are better off using a flat bladed screw driver or as simple as an ice-cream stick. There are a set of vents under the back RH side storage box. The slider is in the second from the front set of slots in the slot closest to the window. Check out the picture. Simply slide it towards the back of the car.

Getting things back together is the part I find the hardest. I use the access you can get through the jack area to manipulate the same slider once you have to cover in the EXACT spot it needs to be for the sliding latch to work.

TheSpot.jpg

Disco-5 HSE Lux, TDV6, Silicon Silver/Light Oyster, with most options