Spare wheel message

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Hi

Have started getting, on start up, a brief message to check the tyre pressure in the spare wheel. It goes out after less than a minute so not done anything yet as I imagine it would be awkward to do.

Anyone have a similar problem ?

Kind regards

Gwyn

Dodlestonian

Post by Dodlestonian »

It's almost certainly due to the weather cooling down. The pressure is reducing.
I'd recommend adding about 5PSI and see if the notification goes away.
It's a hassle I know but far more hassle if you get a flat in the snow when it's dark, you're in the middle of nowhere and your spare is flat too :-)
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I had this and I think the above post is correct. I took the spare out and checked it’s pressure which was about right. I put the spare back in place and the warning remained until about a day later when it went out and has remained out since. That was a couple of months ago. At least II learned how to use the winch!

Bungle
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Thanks for the two posts. I checked the spare and it was 30 psi. Increased psi and message has gone.
Glad to know the sensor works!