Apple Car Play

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Disco5TX

Post by Disco5TX »

I had my car in for a suspension fault light and had the dealer work on few things including Bluetooth connections dropping, back up camera cutting out while on reverse and an USB issue (media player would always reset to first song when ignition was turned off). It turned out the usb stick was incompatible and that wasn’t an issue at all.

But the point is as one of the fixes they upgraded in touch control pro to version 4 with new layout and all. To my surprise there’s an icon for Apple Car Play. After replacing a faulty lightning cable, it works! And it works like a charm! Fantastic upgrade.

I can post pictures and videos later if the community would like.

Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Nice. Does anyone know if the SE in control touch will be getting the Car Play software ungrade?
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
agarabaghi

Post by agarabaghi »

Pretty sure it needs incontrol touch pro

My dealer is charging $300 for it.

I would love to see some pictures of it.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Search for another Disco5 forum and you will see!
Disco5TX

Post by Disco5TX »

Doberman

Post by Doberman »

I have just had my 17 disco in because the sat nav kept coming up unavailable. They did an upgrade to version 4 and the system broke. They had the vehicle for 8 days during which time they changed the touch screen and the other major components as the vehicle refused to take the updates. They told me it was fixed. I went to collect it and the hands free would not work. They had the vehicle another two days at which point they had to put the full apple CarPlay software innas well. This fixed the problem. I now have apple CarPlay. They did it all under warranty otherwise it would have cost a couple of hundred quid for the CarPlay software and over 3 grand for the parts. I still don’t know why the original software upgrade caused the problems. But on this occasion I actually got something useful out of Land Rover.
Dodlestonian

Post by Dodlestonian »

Wow.
I can't believe it took them so long.
Sounds to me like their tecs aren't very clued up on software.
andrewe

Post by andrewe »

My MY17 HSE just back from service, and after reporting various problems - reverse camera not working intermittently, USB foibles and some Bluetooth dropping – now have the new screen layout and Car Play/Android Auto. Will have a play... ;-)