Steering wheel security bars and electric adjustable steering wheel

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Oberver

Post by Oberver »

Greetings all,
Having taken delivery today of a beautiful 1 year old D5 HSE machine, I’ve been reading about keeping her safe. There seems strong advice to buy one of the steering wheel locks such as stoplock pro to deter those of a criminal persuasion. However, having speed read the user manual (unusual I know for a man) it seems to suggest that with the electric adjustable steering column using one of those devices could damage the steering wheel or interior of the vehicle, especially if the auto retract setting is enabled on the steering column, so that when the vehicle is switched off and door opened the steering wheel moves to allow easier entry and exit. I was a little surprised to read this given the numbers of people suggesting such a security bar is a good idea. Do any of you use a steering wheel security device? Does the steering column ‘park/retraction system’ present a serious problem?

Also, given that my vehicle doesn’t have the incontrol secure tracker - is there any real benefit in having an after market tracker fitted?

Many thanks.
Andy
D5 HSE Carpathian Grey

Notxal

Post by Notxal »

These are very popular around the UK, I've had on on my D4 and it's now on the D5 and it doesn't interfere with the easy entry/exit

https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/shop/disklok/