Re badging / dynamic front grill change

All Discovery 5 related discussions
mmccrindle

Post by mmccrindle »

Hi

Im about to take ownership of a 2017 discovery 5 HSE luxury in Corris grey. I would like to look at changing the front grill to a black dynamic one and change the discovery lettering and side vents also all to black. How difficult is it to replace the lettering, if this has already been asked apologies I had a search through but couldn't see anything.

Thanks

Woodenman

Post by Woodenman »

Hi.

This is pretty easy..the grills are easy to find, including the genuine LR one and it can be fitted in around 25 mins. Might want to look at getting a body shop to do it, as opposed to a dealer as it will be much cheaper. Lettering is also easy to find and again they could do that. Grills are at £400-450 and lettering is about £79 for front and the same for back.

Hope that helps a little....
Woodenman

Post by Woodenman »

Update...as Trump would say, I mispoke.... Grills are bout £230....
turk

Post by turk »

Hi,

Any body know how to remove the side vents??
Steejay

Post by Steejay »

Removing the side vents is very easy, you need a trim removal tool or a flat spatula, pushed in from top worked side from side you will feel clip locations , push down on them until you here the clip disengage then it falls forward the vent can be lifted from recess, I had mines carbon wrapped

regards

Steve
chris78

Post by chris78 »

That's really helpful, I think this is a must do for many cars.
Did you do your own letters?

I'm thinking of getting the grey plastic around the wheel trims painted as well as the un-painted and silver bumper areas painted black. Has anyone done this?