Dog Guard

All Discovery 5 related discussions
labergorce

Post by labergorce »

Hi Guys,

just picked up my Disco 5 10 days ago and want to install a dog guard. I have the land rover half height one - which arrived with no fitting instructions but from the look of it once fitted the third row of seats won't be able to be deployed. I know they say you shouldn't for safety reasons but does anyone know if the dog guard actually stops the third row coming up? and if so any third party makes that do allow the third row to be used without taking it out?

thanks
Mark

Davidls

Post by Davidls »

Mark,
LR do the fabric type dog guard that clips into the roof lining and straps down behind the 2nd row to the eyes in the floor. It’s not 100% of the width but our schnauzer has never made any attempt to try and come through.
The guard can be relatively easily and quickly removed if you need the 3rd row of seats unlike the metal bolt in ones. We had a similar one from Volvo in our XC90 for 8 years and never had a problem with the dog coming through or over.
I wouldn’t have a guard in place when using the 3rd seats but they would probably still catch it on the way up as the 2nd row tilt forward slightly during the movement.
Regards,