My D5 went up in smoke!

All Discovery 5 related discussions
supercal2007

Post by supercal2007 »

Hello all. My first post on here. Not good news though. On Sunday morning I was awoke at 7:30 by the alarm sounding. Zapped it to shut it up and noticed the interior was on fire. To cut a long story short, the fire brigade were not really surprised when they found the root of the fire in the passenger seat. " We see that often in cars( not specifically Discovery's) it's the heated seat going faulty which starts the fire. It'll be a write off mate ! You need a new interior and loom"
I got the car brand new in March and have done about 6K miles.
So my questions are - have any of you had this happen ? I'm relieved it didn't happen whilst driving ....
I'm a bit annoyed at potentially having to claim on my insurance because of a fault. I phoned the dealer today and was politely told " that's never happened before - just get another one. Good luck with your insurance and thanks for calling" and 60 seconds later the phonecall was over.
Now I'm thinking of phoning their service department in the morning, advising them that there has been an electrical fault that needs repaired under warranty - oh and by the way the fault caused a fire which has destroyed the interior , wiring loom and all the glass. Oh and almost forgot , the fire brigade gave it s damn good hosing down inside after they had disconnected the battery.
Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Calum.

Hauser

Post by Hauser »

My sincere condolences mate! :(

That's horrible!
Discovery 5 (MY 2017): HSE Luxury, TDV6, Fuji White w. black roof
Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
supercal2007

Post by supercal2007 »

Hello. All sorted out today by my insurance - the only question now is what will replace it ........ Audi Q7 ? V8 diesel Landcruiser ? ....
hofy

Post by hofy »

Bullshit !
LAND ROVER DISCOVERY HSE LUXURY Si6
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

^ ^ ^

??????
supercal2007

Post by supercal2007 »

hofy wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:14 pmBullshit !
Bullshit to you too pal !