Sat Nav Audio Directions & "Add a Waypoint?"

All Discovery 5 related discussions
NJM1973

Post by NJM1973 »

Hello.

I would be really grateful for your advice/ help/ thoughts on the following SatNav-related issues on my 2017 Discovery HSE Lux that I purchased recently from an official (but a bit unhelpful and not nearby) LR dealer.

1) The SatNav directions appear on my HUD and on the screen-map, but getting the voice to accompany them seems to be a challenge. Will be there sometimes; not other times - and with no obvious reason why. The screen is not on Mute but we get no voice.

2) Whenever I type in an address which is then accepted by the SatNav system, the system will never allow me to just 'Start' but instead always only asks if I want to add it as a Waypoint.

Any thoughts on the above? I am hoping it is really, really simple error in the set-up (my 2yo son has been known to fiddle with it) but it is really frustrating. Consulting the Handbook has been zero help.

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

Guidance really appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Nick

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

Hi,
It is a simple fix. There is an audio guidance mute button (on/off) is in the Nav menu. Regarding the “add waypoint” the Nav system is currently in guidance mode to another destination which you have not yet reached. Go to the Nav menu and select Stop Guidance... you can then add you new destination and then “Start”..
Another note, you should check what version software you have.. early versions were buggy and you can get an update done on Warranty.. later versions much better (I’m using 17C software release).
If your car has connectivity.. get a SIM card so navigation gets access to connected services (real time traffic, fuel prices, search etc..).. a real added value..
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Fairly common problem with voice instructions. I had a similar problem which I posted on the other Disco forum.

Fixed by S/W update and a replacement module. One trick that has been mentioned is to change the language to another one and then back to English!!
I bet the dealer has not updated the S/W as it takes quite a long time. Register on the JLR Topix site and you will see outstanding recalls and other fixes that will only be applied if you ask.
NJM1973

Post by NJM1973 »

Thank you both so much for responding; actioned your suggestions and the gremlins have disappeared.

Thanks again!