Spare wheel protector

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Just bought an October 17 Hse Luxury and from reading this site I wonder whether the spare wheel protector has been retrospectively fitted as it was a demonstrator- has anyone put a photograph of this in this site please ?

5imon

Post by 5imon »

Here.

BA7F2093-FBDE-46FA-A977-6C284050733F.jpeg

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1030.h ... pare+wheel

Good forum too.

Yours should have it fitted according The the LR Bulletin.
Last edited by 5imon on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

You can look on Topix to see what outstanding campaigns there are for your car.
merctony

Post by merctony »

Just took mine in for a number of updates, about five in all, One was Spare wheel anti theft device, software update for air con, switch bezel for the electric tow bar, then another two software updates.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Thanks for your help- I appear to have the new protector
Labbix

Post by Labbix »

Is this only for the British market, as I have a MY18 built delivered in May and it was without the protection. Questions to the dealership about it were never answered by the importer...

Bad customer services... as it’s a known problem it should be done without having to beg for it...

I bought the protector myself earlier, but still feel treated unfair by JLR
andrewe

Post by andrewe »

Just took my D5 in for an AdBlue top-up, and yes, fitting a spare wheel protector was one of the free service items added on – the other was a software update for electric towbar.

Service receptionist who took the car in explained about the protector and said 'Have you still got your spare wheel?' Hmmm...

Was able to inform him that yes I had, as had already bought an RLD protector via this forum. But agree this device should have been fitted as standard from launch.
Qwertyd5

Post by Qwertyd5 »

My new (1wk) D5 HSE doesn’t have it fitted!
andrewe

Post by andrewe »

After the car being in at the dealer today and having read this thread –
www.disco5forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4339
– have just checked and yes, my RLD protector is in the boot and presumably the JLR one is now fitted. So as the pictures of the JLR one suggest it isn't as secure as the 'full coverage' RLD one, swapping them back over is another job I'll now have to do. Not pleased.

On the plus side, they did leave me a lovely dirty rag in the boot as a treat, so suppose I shouldn't complain...
cwch60

Post by cwch60 »

I have an early D5, delivered March 2017. When I put the car into to the dealership for updates, they contacted me during the day and asked did I mind if they didn't do the spare wheel security update as my RLD device was much better. Of course, I stuck with what I had already purchased. I have no interest in fitting an inferior security device, even an official one.