Head up display and Tyre pressure monitor

All Discovery 5 related discussions
lrbandit

Post by lrbandit »

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of ordering a new HSE Luxury. Just wanted to see if anyone has the Headup display and/ or Tyre pressure monitoring fitted, and are they worth the cost/ useful in your opinion? :?:

Cheers

Mark^^

Post by Mark^^ »

I have both and find both very useful, particularly the heads-up display
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

I think the Tyre Pressure Monitor System (TPMS), is standard on all models?

My experience of it isn't wonderful, when the temperature fluctuates, the system can start sending warning messages about your tyres being under inflated, however it did help when I had a puncture and was about to drive off.

Given the choice, I think i'd still have it.
Mark^^

Post by Mark^^ »

Its an option here in Australia, but not hugely expensive. Where as HUD is very expensive
phillavis

Post by phillavis »

I to was unsure whether to add the HUD or not, until I test drove a Disco 5 with it.

I now consider it high on the option list, especially if ordered with the speed limit recognition option as the HUD displays the legal speed limit as well as your current speed along with other items if selective.

On the other hand the Adaptive LED headlights option, in my opinion comes near the bottom of my must have options. They are fitted to my Disco I have to admit I have failed to see any difference between them and normal headlights.
lrbandit

Post by lrbandit »

Thanks guys.

Yes, the TPMS is optional here in Australia.

Do you guys know if the HUD can be fitted after manufacturing? I have spotted a car that I like but it doesn’t have the HUD and active cruise. It is so frustrating that the active cruise isn’t included in the first edition.

So I’m thinking of ordering in one with the things that I need. They say it takes 12 weeks to be delivered?
red5

Post by red5 »

Don't have the HUD but the TPMS is a waste of time.
Mine tells me the spare is under inflated when it feels like it.
Told me the other day my front nearside was low pressure.
Checked it with the other tyres and all were reading low but a couple of pounds out on all so must be the inflator that's not correct.
But why tell me only one tyre was low???
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

TPMS is compulsory on all new cars in the uk probably Europe. Mine at the moment is telling me my spare is under pressure i will check it soon. I suppose better to find out now rather than when i require it. Along with the alarm you can see the actual pressures so its up to you whether to ignore or inflate them. Should you have a slow puncture this will alert you and possibly save you a lot of grief. I have mine set well above the low alarm (not sure what the spare is set too) and have not had any problems with temp variations.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

viewtopic.php?t=4134

I think the Hud might have been updated since I got mine. I’ve used a head up display on aircraft before and like the safety aspects.

B
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
lrbandit

Post by lrbandit »

Thank you all!