Voice Control for Sat Nav

All Discovery 5 related discussions
QCB

Post by QCB »

Can anyone please confirm that the "say what you see" system DOES NOT work with the Sat Nav on the Disco 5.
I was originally told by LR that it did work only for them to change their mind and say that it doesn't work.
I find it hard to understand why it works on the Discovery Sport, the Range Rover Sprot and the Range Rover but not on the Discovery 5.
BTW it did work on the previous Discovery
Thanks

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

No it no longer works and I do not think it works on the newer Sports.
Discocharlie1

Post by Discocharlie1 »

Voice control of navigation is available, had to switch it on via settings. It's not as clever as Android Auto, but is useable.

Would love to say "navigate to work" but it doesn't recognise the destination, I now just say "navigate to postcode", but I can say "navigate to home"

The instructions for voice control navigation, though are non existant. If anyone can point me in the right direction, would be appreciated greatly.
Last edited by Discocharlie1 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Where in settings did you find the option? Is yours a MY17 or MY18?
Discocharlie1

Post by Discocharlie1 »

Mines a MY17, it was in the General or Feature settings, I'll have a look tomorrow. See if I can do a screen shot

What I do remember, the onscreen option wasn't obvious to what it did, I tried both and found I had Voice control of Navigation.

Have to say I had Android auto set up on a 10" screen in my old Disco, and a Pure DAB for phone calls, it was superior to the JLR system even on my HSE. Put me right off on the test drive, but the InControl isn't as bad as the press say, and does everything I need, it's the instructions that are rubbish.
Discocharlie1

Post by Discocharlie1 »

Under "settings", then select "features", then "voice".

A new screen comes up. Middle option says "3set >" click on that and then select "navigation"

Hope that helps
QCB

Post by QCB »

I found the setting under 3set as described. I can now say "navigation" and it goes to the page and replies "say a navigation command"
however when I say "set destination" it just beeps and cancels.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks