Newest InControl Touch Pro Software

All Discovery 5 related discussions
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

I was told the same thing, by my dealership (in London).

Russell

Post by Russell »

Right had the Phase 3 update done for a while now and here are my thoughts and feedback.

The system does seem to be quicker both in operation and start up, but there are still odd occasions when it takes far to long to start up.
The sat nav no longer shows where things like petrol stations or services are on your route despite being selected.
Sat nav has frozen twice for up to a couple of minutes and then started working again.
Radio starts up and within a few seconds there is a very brief silent period before the radio coming back on and sounding totally different, seems like the amp may not start up straight away and then does causing the slight silent period.
When you first start car, if you put it straight into reverse before the infotainment has started up, the camera picture/display is small and not what you normally get, looks like a display for a much smaller screen, this corrects once the infotainment has started up and you re-select reverse.

One final thing appear to have battery low warning virtually every other day, doing between 10 and 50 miles per day. If I put the battery on charge with CTEK it seems Ok for a couple of days.

Overall I think there is a general improvement, but this is far from correct and far from what should be expected form the class of car.

This has all been raised with the dealers and they will hopefully raise this with JLR
agarabaghi

Post by agarabaghi »

does anyone know of a newer version than 17C ?