Rear suspension HSE TD6

All Discovery 5 related discussions
peowsage11

Post by peowsage11 »

Hi. My Disco 2017 bougt and driven in Norway (excuse my writing) has a very bad rear suspension compared to my previous LR4. If you drive slightly to fast over a speedbump it hits bottom with a bang.. Talked to my salesperson and he says, we are aware of this, and the the Discovey will be available with a differet suspension later this year... Anyone with similar problem? Is this how this car should be?.. Its really bad in daily use..you really think you have a puncture :shock:
Percha

OzDiscoUser

Post by OzDiscoUser »

Unless you are driving with the car at entry height it sounds to me like you have a problem of some sort. On entry height you will hit the bump stops on even the slightest bump.

I'm on my 4th Disco, and the 3rd with air suspension (HSE-Lux TDV6 bought in July last year) and its the smoothest yet. If you still think you have a problem I suggest you get an independent review (or another dealer at least). On normal ride height I find faster over speed bumps than most cars works best and I certainly have never heard any nasty noises, hit bump stops, or anything nasty other than the look of fear in some passengers.
I have never hit the bump stops on any "normal" speed hump or bump while at normal ride height. I would get it checked.

Don't forget also, if you are driving off from parked there is a slight delay while the car figures out that it needs normal height and starts lifting, not long, but be aware. If in doubt, hit the ride height button right away.
Disco-5 HSE Lux, TDV6, Silicon Silver/Light Oyster, with most options
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

No problem with mine. As above.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.