Detachable tow bar

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Barbs

Post by Barbs »

Hi there, I bought a used Discovery 5 in November on the basis that the dealer fitted roof rails and a detachable tow bar before delivery which they agreed to do. The roof rails weren’t a problem but the car arrived without the tow bar and 2 months later they say they are still waiting for the parts and don’t have any date for when they expect them.

I find this quite extraordinary but wondering whether anyone else having the same problem?

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Ive not heard or read about a problem but they do tend to keep problems like this very close to their chest. When i was getting mine i ordered the deployable one and it seems there was a shortage of these but they never said so at the time. It was only because cars ordered without them seemed to be jumping the queue.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Jacro

Post by Jacro »

I can have my detachable fitted as early as next week.
kits80

Post by kits80 »

Barbs wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 am Hi there, I bought a used Discovery 5 in November on the basis that the dealer fitted roof rails and a detachable tow bar before delivery which they agreed to do. The roof rails weren’t a problem but the car arrived without the tow bar and 2 months later they say they are still waiting for the parts and don’t have any date for when they expect them.

I find this quite extraordinary but wondering whether anyone else having the same problem?
You've probably had it fitted but I ordered one on Black Friday (end of November) and had to wait until last week to have it fitted as they didn't have any in stock and were struggling to get them.