Should I cancel my D5 3L diesel HSE order and place order for petrol version instead?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Took my car in for a oil& filter change due to service light being on. Checked before hand who was responsible for cost told it was a warranty issue. I elected to wait as only an hours job, Two& half hours later told its ready, also informed oil change not carried out as it must be carried out under my service plan due to the Oil test they have carried out being outside their limits (Its worse) for it to be a warranty issue, apparently my driving style. Informed they will do the full service reset the warning then I return it after 12000 miles or 1 year which ever is the sooner. So you have fixed the early warning then, was my question? Oh no was the answer so I could be back in 7000 miles again? well yes . So why did you imply I would get 12000 miles out of it. Silence.
I then mentioned I had read that due to the early literature not advertising the engine was crap that LR were carrying out oil changes under warranty. After a discussion with the manager they agreed to a free oil change but that looks like the dealership is picking up the cost. So well done to them but LR must get their finger out and fix this
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.

Ian c

Post by Ian c »

I would cancel and look else were ive a first edition and LR wont even bid on it says everything when they wont even buy them as infotainment issue is currently not repairable as the have no soft wear upgrade to fix issues
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Ive had all other issues come and go and some anyone buying 1 should have season ticket for service reception
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Sounds like you should sell yours, you are obviously not a happy bunny!!

V3 of the infotainment system makes a huge difference. You have RSE and there is a problem with those cars at the moment and you cannot have the upgrade loaded.
DCCHO48

Post by DCCHO48 »

I went to my dealer yesterday and had a long chat with the workshop controller and he told me that all MY18 D5's have new software to stop the early service indicator warning and resolve the engine oil dilution problem. Of course it is too early to know if these changes will solve the problems. He also told me any intermediate oil and filter changes will be paid for by Land Rover under warranty.
My car is due on March 1st so keeping my fingers crossed it is true.
I also heard a whisper that Land Rover are now taking on a number of very well qualified software engineers to resolve these matters. This move has been resisted by LR management for quite some time, but I understand they now accept this is the only way they can make progress.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

My take on this is, I got the early service warning at around 1000 miles or so before required, had i taken it in at that point then its posible when they do the test on the oil it would have been below there threshold so carried out under warranty (would be classed as a false alarm) as i left it much later on the test fell into the category of dirty oil so valid alarm. The software update is probably more to do with delaying the alarm so its valid rather than fixing the problem. My advice the second the warning comes on get it in.
DCCHO48

Post by DCCHO48 »

I have now cancelled my order-not even considering a petrol one. Have totally lost confidence in Land Rover's ability to sort out the growing list of problems, especially the engine oil dilution and early service warnings-I think Land Rover are somewhat overwhelmed by the issues.
red5

Post by red5 »

Had my 2.0 diesel since end of last July. I've not had any issues with the vehicle at all.
Having had 9 other Disco's since they first came out I have had issues with some but they were always sorted by the dealer
but yes they can wind you up but have had no problems since the Disco 4 came out and I had 2 of those.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yes same here, had a D3 which was a lemon. The infortaiment screen (or what ever it was called then) kept crashing, followed by 2 D4's no problems. This D5 was the one i was going to keep for longer than 3 years not so sure now.
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

I have to totally agree but since finding team valley Landrover they have sorted all my issues which stratstone Newcastle told me they were unable to help so thumbs up from team valley Landrover